Backbreaker Update: Greathouse now on Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 Today
Los Angeles based 505 Games and NaturalMotion Games announced today that Backbreaker, the American Football live sports title which utilizes the Euphoria animation system, will receive an update codenamed: Greathouse. The update is available for download on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 360 and the PSN for PlayStation 3.
According to 505 Games, Greathouse will introduce brand new features, gameplay enhancements and numerous important tweaks, resulting in a greatly enriched Backbreaker experience.
Major features in Greathouse include:
- Brand new replay system with the addition of seven fully functional cameras, including free flight mode and a cinematic ‘ball-lock’ option.
- An additional 110+ plays adding up to twice the number of offensive and defensive plays, including an additional nine formations.
- Improved Quarterback camera view and passing game.
- A user-catch system, giving the player a much greater level of control over the on-field action.
- Comprehensive review of the penalty rulings following an analysis of reported errors.
New camera angles and the user-catch system should be welcomed updates, as they were two of the major issues plaguing Backbreaker. Many people found the camera to be set far to close to the quarterback, hindering the players ability to view the entire field and the initial passing system made it difficult to select receivers.
For more DLC news and info follow me on Twitter @The_GeekJock