New DLC Available: Red Dead Redemption’s Liars and Cheats Pack (360/PS3)
Fans of Rockstar Games’ epic western Red Dead Redemption can once again step into the boots or John Marston and saddle up for a new journey across the plains as Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc has released the Liars and Cheats DLC pack.
Because of silly restrictions on the amount of free content companies can give to consumers, Rockstar Games has decided to jam two previously announced packs into one super DLC pack. Liars and Cheats will include the Free Roam Pack that was announced back in July – which was supposed to be free (stupid restrictions) and is now part of the Liars and Cheats pack. The new add-on pack will feature a wide variety of new gameplay mechanics, weapons and locations including:
· Stronghold Competitive Multiplayer Mode – team-based mode where each team takes turns attacking and defending a landmark before the clock runs out;
· The Explosive Rifle – brand-new destructive weapon with its own single-player and multiplayer challenges;
· Multiplayer Poker and Liars’ Dice Games – one of the most requested multiplayer features;
· Multiplayer Horse Races – compete against both friend and foe, complete with mounted combat;
· Four New Hunting Grounds – now visible on the map for all to hunt the dangerous, errant wildlife;
· Seven New Gang Hideouts – brand new opportunities to level up;
· 15 New Multiplayer characters – personalities from the world of Red Dead Redemption return;
· New Achievements and Trophies.
For those who picked up the Legends and Killers pack and took part in the lethal awesomeness that is the Tomahawk, you can look forward to the next round of DLC coming out in October. Both the Tomahawk and Explosive Rifle will be available exclusively to those who have downloaded the Legends and Killers and the Liars and Cheats Pack.
The Liars and Cheats Pack is available now in North America and Europe for download on both PlayStation Network ($9.99) and Xbox LIVE (800 Microsoft Points).
Images compliments of our good friends at Game Press